NZ via Pan American - Vintage New Zealand Travel Poster.
PanAm New Zealand Airline Poster
The artwork for the original colour lithographic poster was created by Marcus King in the mid 1930 Paul George Lawler in the 1940’s for Pan American Airlines.
The illustration elements make up a montage of Maori woman looking at airplane, New Zealand flag, sheep, and a mountain in the background.
Pan American inaugurated its first passenger flights across the Pacific by carrying nine passengers across the largest ocean in the world in October 1936. Passengers paid an incredible $1,400 for the return-trip from San Francisco to Manila. Soon after the Hong Kong and Manila service was establishes, the Australia and New Zealand routes were opened up. Pan American's Clippers rapidly commenced flying regular passenger services to New Zealand in March 1937, flying via the Kingman Reef south of Hawaii and American Samoa.
- The 'New Zealand via Pan American' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
New Zealand via Pan American - Vintage NZ Airline Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: NZ-1110_New-Zealand_via-Pan-American
- Availability: In Stock