Austria - Vintage Austrian Tourist Poster
Austria - Downhill Ski
The Original Poster was created for the Austrian Tourist Board c. 1935, a colour lithograph printed by Christoph Reisser's Söhne, Wien. Paul Kirnig studied and taught graphic design at the ‘Kunstgewerbeschule’ in Vienna, now known as the University of Applied Art. He created a small number of posters. In the mid 1930´s he opened a small studio to take on private commercial art work to supplement his teaching income. Of the many of the commissions, his works for the Austrian Tourist Board stand out amongst the rest.
In an essay (‘The art of today and tomorrow’ written in 1930, unpublished), Paul Kirnig wrote: ‘The artist who creates, being in close contact with nature, feels the harmony of the entire universe in each of its parts and strives to materialise that feeling by symbolising as it were the rhythm of the universe in his work, thus creating a work of art.....’
- The 'Austria - Downhill Ski' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7" X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Austria Downhill Ski - Vintage Austrian Tourist Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AST-1101_Austria-Downhill-Ski_[Kirnig]
- Availability: In Stock