See the Better Farming Train - Vintage Australian Poster.
A wonderful exhibition accompanied by experts to help the farmer.
The artwork for the original Colour Lithograph was created by Percy Trompf and published by the Victorian Railways, Australia between 1924 and 1939.
The Better Farming Train was an agricultural demonstration train which toured Victoria, Australia through the 1920’s and 1930’s promoting better farming practices. The idea of special trains to promote better agricultural practices was founded in Canada during the early 1900’s. The train completed 38 tours of regional Victoria, southern New South Wales and eastern South Australia. Tours were reduced during the Great Depression and a temporary suspension was considered in 1930, however the Minister for Agriculture William Slater declared that it had been of inestimable value. Commonwealth Bank provided £600 grant to finance in 1932 and funding was withdrawn for the final tour in 1935.
- The 'See the Better Farming Train' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
See the Better Farming Train - Vintage Australian Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code:AU-V-1122_See-the-Better-Farming-Train_[Trompf]
- Availability:In Stock