Brisbane River City - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster.
" Winter Holiday in the Sun! Brisbane, River City of the North".
A hand painted design showcasing the landscape of Brisbane City by Percival Albert Trompf in 1934, The poster features the Old Windmill and Brisbane's floral Emblem, the Poinsettia.
The Old Windmill, also known as Brisbane Observatory and Windmill Tower, a heritage-listed tower mill in Observatory Park on Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill. It was built using convict labour in the 1820’s and is the oldest surviving building in Queensland.
Percival Albert (Percy) Trompf was born in 1902 at Beaufort, Victoria. Early during his career, he worked for Giles & Richards, designing chocolate boxes and wrappings for the confectioners A. W. Allen Pty Ltd.
He opened a studio in Little Collins Street where he created countless advertising posters for such distinguished companies as Bryant & May Pty Ltd and Palmolive Co. Ltd, and by Walkabout, the magazine and received widespread recognition for the wonderful posters he created for ANTA (Australian National Travel Association) and the Victorian Government Railways.
His bright, colourful, cheerful images had wide appeal, especially during the Depression. Trompf managed all stages of production, including the printing.
- The 'Brisbane, River City of the North' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Brisbane, River City of the North - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code:AU-Q-1106_Brisbane-River-City_[Trompf]
- Availability:In Stock