Fastest to the Orient - Vintage Steamship Travel Poster.
Canadian Pacific Empresses
Artwork for the original colour Lithograph was created by James McKell in the 1920’s for Canadian Pacific. The illustration promotes travel to Asia aboard Canadian Pacific Empress steamships, depicting an Empress Steamship in an Asian harbour, an old man smoking an Asian-style pipe and the hustle and bustle on the pier.
James McKell attended the Cumming School of Art in Des Moines in 1902 and in 1909 he had opened an art studio in Philadelphia.
By 1918 his illustrations were published in The Saturday Evening Post and in 1921 he worked for Charles K. Stokes & Co. in Philadelphia designing posters for the Bermuda Steamship Line. He created illustrations for pulp magazines during the 1920’s and in 1941 he was employed as a staff artist at General Electric Company.
- The 'Fastest to the Orient' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Fastest to the Orient - Vintage Steamship Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: ORI-1102_Fastest-to-the-Orient_Canadian-Pacific-Empresses
- Availability: In Stock