For a Different Holiday - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster.
Great Barrier Reef
The artwork for the Original Colour Lithograph was created by Percival Albert (Percy) Trompf and printed for Queensland Government Tourist Bureau by David Whyte, Government Printer in 1939. This wonderful painted Illustration of featuring a young woman sitting on a branch with other people and a tropical North Queensland beach landscape in the background promoted Queensland as a tourist destination.
Percival Albert (Percy) Trompf was born in Beaufort, Victoria, Australia in 1902. He was a commercial artist, educated at the Ballarat Technical Art School, in 1923. Trompf joined the Melbourne commercial art firm of Giles & Richards The Ballarat Star reported on 18 May 1923: Mr Percy Trompf, a student of the School of Mines Art School, who recently passed a series of examinations, has secured an excellent position in the office of Messrs Giles and Richards, commercial advertisers, of Melbourne. Trompf later established his own studio in Little Collins Street where he employed a number of artists Little Collins Street. He had many prominent Australian companies as clients, Bryant & May Pty Ltd, Palmolive Co. Ltd, and the ‘Walkabout’ magazine.His posters for the Australian National Travel Association and the Victorian Government Railways received widespread recognition
- The 'For a Different Holiday,Great Barrier Reef' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
For a Different Holiday - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AU-Q-1105_For-a-Different-Holiday_Queensland_[Trompf]
- Availability: In Stock