Imperial Airways Australia - Vintage Airline Poster
One of the 28 new 200 miles an hour two-decker empire flying-boats.
Mark Fernand Severin was born 1906 in Belgium and was a well-known artist and graphic designer who lived in England for most of his life. He was the son of Fernand Severin, a poet and is recognised as one of the most talented engravers of his generation and specialised in fine diminutive work, including postage stamps and book illustrations. He produced many hundreds of book-plates, many of which included erotic subjects. He was a magnificently gifted graphic advertisement designer based in Great Britain who created posters for Imperial Airways and the London Underground.
Imperial Airways was established in 1924. In the 1930s the company commenced negotiations with the Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Limited (QANTAS Limited). The partnership of these companies established air services between Britain and Australia. In 1934 they jointly formed ‘Qantas Empire Airways Limited’, each owning a half-share. The Australian Government purchased all shares in Qantas Empire Airways in 1947. Imperial Airways is known today as British Airways.
- The' Imperial Airways Europe, Africa, India, Far East, Australia' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Imperial Airways Europe, Africa, India, Far East, Australia - Vintage Airline Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AIR-1134_Imperial-Airways_Europe-Africa-Australia_[Severin]
- Availability: In Stock