Darjeeling - See India - Vintage Indian Travel Poster
At a Lama Dance.
The artwork for the original colour lithograph was created by Vic Veevers, published by the Government of India and printed by Bolton Fine Art Offset Litho Bombay in 1935.
The name Darjeeling is drawn from the Tibetan words “Dorje”, which is the thunderbolt sceptre of the Hindu deity Indra, and “ling, which means "a place" or "land".
Darjeeling is a town and a region in the Indian state of West Bengal. Situated in the Lesser Himalayas at an elevation of 2,042.2 m (6,700 ft). It is well-known for its tea industry, its spectacular views of the Kangchenjunga, the world's third-highest mountain, and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Darjeeling is in the heart of the Darjeeling District, it has a partially independent status within the state of West Bengal and is a popular tourist destination in India.
- The 'Darjeeling - See India' Poster has been created from an original Vintage Indian Travel Poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7" X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Darjeeling See India - Vintage Indian Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: IND-1110_See India_Darjeeling_[Veevers]
- Availability: In Stock