Lake Ada - Vintage New Zealand Travel Poster
Lake Ada, South Island - New Zealand.The artwork for the original Multi-Colour Screen Printed Poster was created by Marcus King during the 1950's and issued by the New Zealand Government Tourist Department.
A stunning vintage travel poster promoting the South Island of New Zealand features three people in a small boat drifting on Lake Ada with reflections of the magnificent hinterland and mountains in the background.
Marcus King was born in 1891 in Taranaki and at the age of 15 won a
junior cadetship in the architectural division of the Public Works
Department in Wellington.He travelled to the United States of America in
1915 and enlisted in the army and after returning from World War II,
worked in advertising as a commercial artist. During this time, he also
taught art at the Wellington Technical Institute.
Marcus King is best recognised for the considerable body of commercial and fine art work that he created for the New Zealand Tourism Department.
Marcus King’s paintings and posters were of such quality that they were sent all over the world, marketing the pristine beauty of Aotearoa, New Zealand. King occupies an important position in 20th Century New Zealand art and what remains is his wonderful legacy to the nation, a fine collection of New Zealand landscape paintings and a significant body of his commercial artwork.
- The 'Lake Ada, South Island - New Zealand' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Lake Ada, South Island - Vintage NZ Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: NZ-1114_Lake-Ada-South-Island-New-Zealand_[Marcus-King]
- Availability: In Stock