Maori Chief - Vintage New Zealand Travel Poster.
Maori Chief, New Zealand
The artwork for the original Screen-Printed Poster was created by Marcus King in 1948 for the New Zealand Government Tourist Department.
Poster screen-printed was used to advertise New Zealand as a tourist destination and illustrates a stunning portrait illustration of a white haired Maori chief with facial moko, huia feathers in his hair and greenstone ear pendants.
Marcus King was born in 1891 in Taranaki and at the age of 15 won a junior cadetship in the architectural division of the Public Works Department in Wellington.He travelled to the United States of America in 1915 and enlisted in the army and after returning from World War II, worked in advertising as a commercial artist. During this time, he also taught art at the Wellington Technical Institute.
Marcus King is best recognised for the considerable body of commercial and fine art work that he created for the New Zealand Tourism Department.
King’s paintings and posters were of such quality that they were sent all over the world, marketing the pristine beauty of Aotearoa, New Zealand. King occupies an important position in 20th Century New Zealand art and what remains is his wonderful legacy to the nation, a fine collection of New Zealand landscape paintings and a significant body of his commercial artwork.
- The 'Maori Chief - New Zealand' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Maori Chief - Vintage New Zealand Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: NZ-1111_Maori-Chief-New-Zealand
- Availability: In Stock