The Marine Wonders - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster.
The Marine Wonders of the Great Barrier Coral Reef
The artwork for the original Colour Lithograph was created by Percival Albert Trompf, printed by the Queensland Government Printer, Frederick Phillips for the Queensland Government Tourist Bureau in 1933. The illustration features a water reef scene with people in a boat fishing.
Percival Albert (Percy) Trompf was born in Beaufort, Victoria, Australia in 1902. He was a commercial artist, educated at the Ballarat Technical Art School, in 1923. Trompf joined the Melbourne commercial art firm of Giles & Richards The Ballarat Star reported on 18 May 1923: Mr Percy Trompf, a student of the School of Mines Art School, who recently passed a series of examinations, has secured an excellent position in the office of Messrs Giles and Richards, commercial advertisers, of Melbourne. Trompf later established his own studio in Little Collins Street where he employed a number of artists Little Collins Street. He had many prominent Australian companies as clients, Bryant & May Pty Ltd, Palmolive Co. Ltd, and the ‘Walkabout’ magazine.His posters for the Australian National Travel Association and the Victorian Government Railways received widespread recognition.
- The 'Marine Wonders of the Great Barrier Coral Reef' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
The Marine Wonders - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AU-Q-1107_Marine-Wonders-of-the-Great-Barrier-Reef_[Trompf]
- Availability: In Stock