Mount Gambier - Vintage South Australian Travel Poster.
The Lake District of South Australia
The artwork for the original colour lithograph was created by John Charles Goodchild for The Government Publicity and Tourist Bureau, South Australia and dated approximately 1935.
About the artist:
John Charles Goodchild was born in Southwark, London in 1898. He was an illustrator and art instructor in South Australia, a master of of pen drawing, etching and watercolours mediums. His wife, Doreen Goodchild, was also a noteworthy Australian artist.
Goodchild was educated at the Strand School in London. His family immigrated to South Australia in 1913 and John worked as a sign-writer before enlisting in the first Australian Imperial Force (AIF) in 1917. He served as a stretcher bearer with the 9th Field Ambulance in France and was wounded in 1918.
He made a series of sketches for the Army field paper Digger while recuperating in hospital and after the war he was commissioned by the Australian Government to produce a series of thirty six pen drawings of war graves for the book Where Australians Rest, published in Melbourne 1920.
Upon returning to Adelaide, he resumed studies with the South Australian School of Arts and Crafts, and produced a book of drawings of Adelaide landmarks and taught etching at the School of Arts and Crafts.
- The 'Mount Gambier, The Lake District of South Australia' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Mount Gambier - Vintage Australian Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AU-SA-1107_Mount-Gambier-Lake-District-SA
- Availability: In Stock