Padova ENIT - Vintage Italian Travel Poster.
The Piazza del Santo
The Artwork for the original colour lithograph was created by Marcelo Dudovich and issued by the Italian Tourist office (ENIT (Ente Nazionale Industrie Turistiche) during the 1950's. This magnificent illustration promotes city of Padova (Padua) in the Veneto region of northern Italy. The poster features the iconic Equestrian Statue of Gattamelata by the legendary renaissance sculptor Donatello, with the historic facade and domes of the Pontifical Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua / Basilica Pontificia di Sant'Antonio da Padova (built 1232-1310 located in the Piazza del Santo) in the background.
Together with Cappiello he is considered among the most talented Italian poster designers of the 20th century. His Triestine origin partly explains his inclination to German or more generally Middle-European taste, while Art Nouveau ideas are also noticeable. These components are however overcome by his extraordinary expressive capacity which he manages to blend while always remaining essentially himself. Dudovich was an attentive interpreter of the life of his time; from horse races to charity balls, he was a perceptive and ironic observer, but at the same time aware of the profound transformations that were taking place in this society.
- The 'Padova ENIT' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Padova ENIT - Vintage Italian Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: ITA-1106_Padova-ENIT_[Dudovich]
- Availability: In Stock