Le Parthenon, Athens - Vintage Greek Tourism Poster.
Greece, Athens, Parthenon by Nelly's
The original Protograph that used to create the Greek Travel Poster was taken by NELLY'S (Elli Sougioltzoglou-Seraidari), circa 1925-1930
Nelly was born in Aidini of Asia Minor, in 1899, the daughter of the wealthy merchant Christos Sougioultzoglou. In 1912 she was a pupil at the Omirio Girl's School of Smyrni and studied music and painting in Dresden. She and her family settled in Athens in 1922 where Nelly studied photography under the well-known Hugo Erfurt and later tutored by the modernist Franz Fiedler.
The Parthenon is a magnificent marble temple built during the peak of the ancient Greek Empire between 447 and 432 B.C... Dedicated to the Greek goddess Athena, the Parthenon is positioned high within the temple compound known as the Acropolis of Athens. The Parthenon has endured centuries of earthquakes, wars, fires, and looting, yet remains and although battered, remains a commanding symbol of Ancient Greece and Athenian culture
- The 'Greece, Athens, Parthenon by Nelly's' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Le Parthenon - Vintage Greek Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: GRE-1113_Greece-Parthenon_[Nellys]
- Availability: In Stock