Sth Australia, Flinders Ranges - Vintage Travel Poster
South Australia's Winter Sunland
A wonderful poster was produced to promote Flinders Ranges in South Australia as a tourist destination. The original colour lithograph was created in the 193o's created by the artist John C. Goodchild and published by the South Australian Government Publicity and Tourist Bureau.
John Charles Goodchild (1898 - 1980) was born in London. He worked as a sign writer after his family emigrated to South Australia and attended the South Australian School of Arts and Crafts where he became a teacher, then principal after his World War One service. Goodchild was a board member of the Public Library, Museum and Art Gallery and in 1945 the Australian War Memorial in Canberra commissioned him as an official war artist.
The South Australian Government Publicity and Tourist Bureau, during the 1930s, produced numerous stunning travel posters promoting tourist destinations in the state. Illustrations created advertised the Flinders Ranges, the Murray River and the Lights of Adelaide.
- The 'South Australia, Flinders Ranges' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7" X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
South Australia - Flinders Ranges
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: Flinders-Ranges_Sth-Australia
- Availability: In Stock