Sth Queensland Mountain Resorts - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster.
" Come up to Coolness".
The original colour lithograph is from the 1930’s and was created for Queensland Government Tourist Bureau and printed by David Whyte, Govt Printer. Brisbane.
The Gold Coast hinterland is a magnificent region in South East Queensland, Australia. The area comprises the Tweed Range, Nimmel Range, Tamborine Mountain, Numinbah Valley, eastern portion of the McPherson Range and includes some western outer suburbs of the Gold Coast, e.g. Mudgeeraba. It’s an undefined region and is famous for its resorts, tourist attractions, rainforest, lookouts, national parks, its diversity of fauna and flora and as a green backdrop to the coastal strip. A glorious place to visit.
Tamborine. What’s in a name?
The place name Tamborine originates from the local Yugambeh indigenous language. It means wild lime and refers to the finger lime trees Microcitrus australasica that grow wild on the mountain. The spelling appears on early records as Jambreen, Tchambreem, and even Goombireen, but these days it’s recognised as Tamborine.
- The 'Sth Queensland Mountain Resorts' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Sth Queensland Mountain Resorts - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AU-Q-1102_South-Queensland-Mountain-Resorts
- Availability: In Stock