Australia Corroboree by Gert Sellheim
An Australian advertising poster produced for the Australian National Travel Association.
Sellheim created posters for the Australian National Travel Association and the most well-known design is Qantas Australia Corroboree. The original poster was printed by Niven, F W in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1931.
‘Corroboree Australia’ demonstrates Sellheim’s modernist influence, referencing Aboriginal art and culture as a significant aspect of Australian culture and identity. The poster depicts a strong diagonal composition of four Aboriginal dancers wearing the painted ceremonial body decorations and headdress of the Arrente people of Central Australia. The title of the poster, ‘Corroboree Australia’, stylishly hand lettered above and below the poster’s central illustration. The designer’s signature ‘SELLHEIM’ features in the main body of the poster at lower left.
Sellheim pioneered the use of Australian Aboriginal image content in his designs, incorporating the theme in his posters, interior design and book illustrations. An A.T.I. brochure once described: “Sellheim has proved that out of this country's strange and wonderful past can be drawn endless inspiration”.
- The 'Australia Corroboree' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7" X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Australia Corroboree - Sellheim Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AU-1100_Australia_Corroboree_[Sellheim]
- Availability: In Stock