Australia in the Sun - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster.
1930's Australian National Travel Association Poster.
The artwork for the original colour lithograph was created by Percy Trompf and published by the Australian National Travel Association during the 1930’s. This wonderful poster illustrates pastoral scene; a mob of sheep being driven towards sheep-yards and a shed in the distance. A stockman on horse back and his Border Collie keeping an eye on the stragglers in the foreground.
Percival Albert (Percy) Trompf was born in Beaufort, Victoria, Australia in 1902. He was a commercial artist, educated at the Ballarat Technical Art School, in 1923. Trompf joined the Melbourne commercial art firm of Giles & Richards The Ballarat Star reported on 18 May 1923: Mr Percy Trompf, a student of the School of Mines Art School, who recently passed a series of examinations, has secured an excellent position in the office of Messrs Giles and Richards, commercial advertisers, of Melbourne. Trompf later established his own studio in Little Collins Street where he employed a number of artists Little Collins Street. He had many prominent Australian companies as clients, Bryant & May Pty Ltd, Palmolive Co. Ltd, and the ‘Walkabout’ magazine.
His posters for the Australian National Travel Association and the Victorian Government Railways received widespread recognition.
- The 'Australia in the Sun' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Australia in the Sun - Vintage Australian Tourism Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: AU-1101_Australia-In-The-Sun_[Trompf]
- Availability: In Stock