Trieste Faro della Vittoria - Vintage Italian Travel Poster.
This poster was designed by Giorgio Viola di C and was printed around 1938 on the eve of World War II. The poster Illustrates a statue of a man standing vigil at his post on the steps of the Faro Della Vittoria lighthouse and below in the distance, the light from the Lighthouse illuminates the Miramare Castle in Trieste on the shores of the Gulf of Trieste.
Faro della Vittoria translates as Vittoria Light or as the Victory Lighthouse. It is an operational lighthouse in Trieste, and serves the Gulf of Trieste. It is located on the 'Poggio di Gretta' (Hill of Gretta), off the 'Strada del Friuli'. The structure is 68 mt (223 feet) high which makes it one of the tallest lighthouses in the world.
The structure serves as a monument which celebrates Italian Victory and commemorates the fallen of the First World War. It bares the inscription "SPLENDI E RICORDA I CADUTI SUL MARE MCMXV-MCMXVIII" ("Shine and remind of the fallen on sea 1915-1918")
- The 'Trieste Faro della Vittoria' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Trieste Faro della Vittoria - Vintage Italian Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: ITA-1100_Trieste_Faro-della-Vittoria
- Availability: In Stock