Visit New Zealand - Vintage New Zealand Travel Poster.
Visit New Zealand Wonderland of the Pacific
The original artwork for the colour lithographic poster was created be Carl Laugeson, dated from around 1935 and published by Coulls, Somerville, Wilkie for the New Zealand Tourist Department.
Wonderland of the Pacific is an evocative sentimentalised poster illustrating a Maori woman in traditional dress seated in the foreground with women cooking in a hot pool behind her. A large hotel, Chateau Tongariro, geyser, and mountain are in the background.
This image was used on a American magazine cover, among various other bits of New Zealand publicity
Carl Thorwald Laugesen was born in New Zealand in 1900 and studied at the Canterbury School of Art in the 1920’s.
He worked in poster design and commercial art in Wellington and served in the New Zealand Army Home Defence during World War II. He taught at the Wellington Technical College of Art after the war and during that time became a professional artist. He became well-known for his landscapes and portraits of Maori women.
- The 'Visit New Zealand Wonderland of the Pacific' Poster has been created from an original poster.
- The poster is digitally printed on high quality paper with vivid colour and exceptional detail.
- We use Australia Post for International and Domestic Shipping.
- A4 [210 × 297mm] - [8.3" X 11.7"]
- A3 [297 × 420mm] - [11.7 X 16.5"]
- A2 [420 × 594mm] - [16.5" X 23.4"]
- A1 [594 × 841mm] - [23.4" X 33.1"]
- A0 [841 × 1189mm] - [33.1" X 46.8"]
Visit New Zealand - Vintage New Zealand Travel Poster
- Brands Vintage
- Product Code: NZ-1113_Visit-New-Zealand-Wonderland-of-the-Pacific
- Availability: In Stock